Thursday, April 10, 2008
This Dragonfly #2 art quilt was done the same way as the Dragonfly #1. It is a whole cloth piece with the background painted with acrylic paint, fabric dye and ink. The middle piece was done by machine quilting a larger piece, then cutting it down to the size I needed. I have tons of scrap pieces from these embroidered fabrics in my stash. I use them for all sorts of details. (ex. Flowers, leaves, trees). I love the freedom of freeform sewing. I put on my favorite music turn up the volume and have at it.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
This art quilt was one of the first I made that was a whole cloth, hand painted piece. It was done sometime around summer of 2005. This format was what pushed me in the direction that is now my Fantasy Garden Series. The large dragonfly was done by putting netting between two sheets of water soluable stabalizer and stitching out the shape. It is a little stiff.
Posted by 3 Koala Girls at 8:56 AM